Live Feeds Researcher - Copepod Production
Start: February 2019
Program: Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences
Deadline: January 31, 2019 or as soon as a suitable candidate is identified
Description: We are currently seeking applicants for a live feeds researcher position investigating commercial production methods for marine copepods. The successful applicant will investigate critical gaps in knowledge regarding system design, husbandry, nutrition, and production economics for two copepod species. This position may be hired as a post-doctoral research associate or biologist depending upon qualifications.
Location: This position will be located at the University of Florida’s Tropical Aquaculture Laboratory (http://tal.ifas.ufl.edu), a fully equipped research and extension center located in Ruskin, Florida. The facility includes 5 greenhouses, 50 earthen ponds, a climate controlled hatchery, and a full-service disease diagnostic laboratory.
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in biology, zoology, marine sciences, aquaculture or related discipline
- Demonstrated research experience and familiarity with marine aquaculture, live feed production, and phytoplankton culture is preferred
- Familiarity with statistical and economic analyses is desirable
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Salary/Benefits: Commensurate with education and experience
Application: Interested applicants should submit the following documents as a single pdf or word file via email to Dr. Matthew DiMaggio (firstname.lastname@example.org) by the January 31, 2019 deadline.
- Cover letter summarizing interest in the position, qualifications and experience
- Curriculum Vitae
- Unofficial academic transcripts
- Names and contact information of three professional references